Followers

Wednesday 29 April 2015

90th Birthday Orchids


A friend wanted a special card for her Mum's 90th Birthday she had the background paper which is from the Kaiser Damask collection and her Mum loves orchids. So this is what I came up with. I used  the stunning orchid digi stamp from Aurora Wings and coloured with copic markers. Im soooooo happy with how this came out to me this is a Personal Best card. I started with a shimmery black base card, matted in beige, matted in the Kaiser Damask paper matted in shimmery black card and then with beige paper. I used peel off stickers for the Happy Birthday, the name and the age. I also added stick on pearls. After colouring the orchids which I printed out 3 times I fussy cut them out so that I could pop some of the blooms up with double sided foam tape.
The colours that I used are 
YG00,YG67,YG63,R00,R81,R85

Im going to add this project to the Aurora Wings Flowers Challenge #14

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous birthday card, Debs! Your coloring on the orchid digi is wonderfully life-like, and the design of the card is so elegant. I hope your mom had a very special 90th birthday. ^_^ Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge.

    Mitzi xxx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debs, this is fabulous! What gorgeous coloring of the beautiful orchids and such a lovely design. I'm sure your friend's mother was thrilled. Thanks so much for joining our Flowers Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete